Sunday, March 31, 2013

And Finally! My ARC and Cell Phone

My old and new Korean ID card, passport and my Colombian ID, which turned out to be just a piece of paper!
Yay! After waiting for 1 1/2 months, I finally received my new Alien Registration Card (or ARC) from the immigration office. Now, I can do some critical things such as:

  • Get Internet at home
  • Get cable for my TV
  • Sign up for a cell phone plan
  • Get a debit card from my bank
  • Sign up for online banking
  • Get my airfare to Korea reimbursed
  • Sign up for health insurance

After a long and frustrating process, I was finally able to obtain a cell phone with a pre-paid plan. I first went to a cell phone company to purchase a pre-paid SIM, then went to a subway station to buy a phone. When I was looking at phones, the phone appeared to work and I called the cell phone company to be sure. When the phone still didn't work, I was worried that I might have been possibly scammed by the cell phone vendor. Turns out, I was able to go back and the problem was fixed.

Now that I have these critical items, I can move forward with the rest of my settlement process.

No comments:

Post a Comment