Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Time to Go!

So, tomorrow I finally fly to Seoul! So, how will the process go? Let me explain:

Still trying to sort out my luggage
  1. Pack all my bags -- One suitcase, one mountain backpack, a small carry-on bag and a large purse
  2. Book a shared van to the airport ($47! )
  3. Get my paperwork in order -- my recent medical treatments, papers for dad to mail/turn in, bring extra documents for the school in Korea, etc.
  4. Say my goodbyes
  5. Head for the airport early in the morning (leaving around 5:00am!)
  6. Board two flights and arrive in Seoul
  7. Find a guy holding a sign with my name on it
  8. Get a nice ride to a hotel in the city I'm working in
  9. Hope I don't get sick again, fail the medical, then get sent home :-)
I hope it's a smooth ride, with no airport hang ups and that I'm able to find the guy at the airport! Fun fact, last time my school also sent a guy holding a sign with my name on it, but I couldn't find him. Instead, the guy stopped the one other black girl who happened to be on the plane. We looked nothing alike, of course. As I was frustrated with the new currency and trying to use the phone, that girl approached me and asked me if I was [my name]. "Mmm.... yeah there's a guy over there looking for you." Funny, but I was relieved.

My going away dinner looked similar to this. Very good American food!
The good news is that I've been saying my goodbyes. I visited all of my grandparents once again and my dad's mom cooked a going away dinner for me! I thought it was really sweet.

I've also been making the medical rounds. Trying to get a pap smear and breast exam, I ended up at an STD clinic and did the the whole testing thing. I have to wait for those results. I then finally got what I wanted at a Planned Parenthood. I'm waiting for those results too. I'll say that the pap smear was painless, but the STD check was a doozy! They insert that tool and just dig, dig and dig some more. I'm so glad that's over. You can have something and not know it, so I hope those come up ok.

I went to a doctor another day for another medical issue that suddenly came up. After lots of running around, tests and scrambling, the doctors say that it's most likely no big deal. They gave me some meds and told me to follow up in Korea. So, hopefully the Korean docs won't have a problem with what's going on. Chances are, it'll go away anyway.

Well, I can only hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment